What are Private Label Rights (PLR) and how are they used?
We live in the information age, in which knowledge has become such a valuable product that it is now possible to turn it into an INFOPRODUCT, such as online courses, eBooks, etc.
This infoproduct can be sold to third parties with own brand rights, the so-called PLR, so that they resell it as if it were something they authored.
In this post we will explain better what PLR is and why it has been gaining so much space in the digital market.
What is PLR?
PLR (Private Label Rights) are products in which the creator sells a license that allows the buyer to use it in part or in full.
In short, a PLR product indicates that it is material with an intellectual property license granted by the author through sale.
Private label rights also allow (and in some cases require) the buyer to change the content existing, personalizing and marketing it as if it were yours.
While articles are the most common type of PLR available, any type of infoproduct can be sold this way, including eBooks, software, online courses, video, audio, and graphics.
Products in PLR format are the most used in the digital license market, as they offer great freedom of editing. However, there are also other types of licensable digital products, such as:
- Master Resale Rights (MRR): They give you the right to resell the product, but do not allow you to edit the content.
- Transferable PLR: Means you have the right to resell the PLR to your customers, who can then edit the content and claim their authorship.
- Resell Rights: With resell rights, you can still resell the product, but your customer receives it for personal use only.
- Personal Use Rights: These only allow you to use the content for personal purposes, which means you cannot sell it or do anything else commercially.
How to use PLR content?
PLR is extremely useful in content creation and once you understand how to use it effectively, it can save you a lot of time and effort.
The most important point to keep in mind is that the PLR must change. This type of material is designed for the buyer to give their own touch and add unique insights. Many professionals argue that it should only serve as a basis and idea for the development of a new infoproduct.
PLR products are commonly used by companies in their marketing strategies, as a means of generating content for blogs, emails, social media, and videos. There is also a lot of demand for infoproducts that serve as lead magnets, such as eBooks, which are intended to attract customers and gain more audience.
For companies that are just starting out or that don’t have the resources to maintain a team to produce this content, PLR products can be a great help.
This feature is also extremely valuable to content creators, marketers, affiliates, coaches, and consultants, particularly if they rely on inbound marketing to generate business.
The main problem with PLR is that it can be difficult to find high quality content. Therefore, after choosing, it is necessary to review it to verify that there are no signs of plagiarism or inappropriate content, as well as that it is in line with your niche market (which will reduce your editing efforts).
Then customize the content to match your brand identity and suit your needs. For example, if you purchased ebooks to use in your online course, adapt the content to match the lessons you want to record.
If you are going to pass them on to your students, make adjustments to the layout, images, and add new information related to your course.
Currently, many entrepreneurs are also buying PRL courses in other languages and earning a lot of money just doing their translation, some adjustments, and selling them in their own country.
Types of PLR products
While some vendors focus exclusively on written products such as articles, PDFs and email sequences, others sell everything from videos to distance learning courses to software and graphics.
Here are some of the most popular PLR types today:
Articles are probably the most “classic” type of PLR. Low quality PLR articles are famous for selling for next to nothing in large quantities.
The truth is, even low-quality PLR has value. After all, 200 articles on affiliate marketing, even if poorly written, will still give you 200 ideas for articles or posts on the subject.
PLR articles also work as a quick way to get some knowledge. While they are not always well written, they are usually well researched. That means you can get a lot of value in a short amount of time.
Ebooks are one of the most common and useful types of PLR products. You can use them as a high-value offer for your customers to subscribe to your mailing list, or you can rewrite them to quickly create an entire book with your own voice and values.
Since planning and writing are the two most time-consuming parts of writing a book, PLR can save you a lot of time and typing.
EBooks usually come with a PDF file and a DOCX file for easy editing. But if you have a DOCX and want a PDF, you can use online tools to upload DOCX to convert it.
If you have permission to modify the skin, it can also include a PSD or AI source file.
PLR videos are often delivered as entire courses that you can consume and recreate.
Just like articles, videos can also be a great source of inspiration and education. Don’t like to read? Just take a video on the topic you want to study further and play.
Video courses are often delivered in the same way as other products; in ZIP files downloaded from the website. For large files, you may need a download manager to help your browser handle the transfer.
Online courses are the type of infoproduct with the highest revenue potential. With the eLearning market on the rise and with an accelerated growth forecast for the coming years, there are a lot of people interested in selling them. However, creating a quality online course takes a lot of work, which makes it one of the most sought after types of PLR.
When purchasing a PLR course, you typically get a fully developed and editable course on your chosen topic, saving you countless hours building your own content from scratch.
Course materials are delivered in editable documents so you can rewrite and modify the content to your needs. Also, as these courses are often ‘white label’, you can easily add your logo to all materials.
How to choose a good PLR
As we said earlier, not all PLR is quality, so here are some tips to help you make a good choice:
- Use content written and designed by experts in your field.
- Get a PLR that you can change and edit to suit your needs. Some providers prohibit you from using the content if you stop paying, so be careful, always read the license agreement.
- PLR content must be accessible without sacrificing quality. The most expensive is not always the best. At the same time, you shouldn’t settle for low quality just because you have a limited budget.
- Opt for material that has proven customer feedback. Look for verifiable testimonials with photos, website links or videos. It is very difficult to fake these types of reviews and ratings.
- Look for diverse and flexible content that can be used and reused in a variety of ways. The more you can repurpose materials, the more you will profit from them.
- Focus on finding something well-written, concise, and genuinely useful. Relevant content is more important than just word count.
- Make sure you have access to the tools, training, and resources you need to maximize your use of the materials.
- Get free samples before you buy. Try PLR content before investing. The provider must allow you to see real examples of what you will get.
- Consider how many people have access to the same content, otherwise you will pay for something that has already been used hundreds of times. If there is no limit to the number of people who have access, stay tuned.
- Look for a PLR provider that offers support. Getting guidance can make a difference in how profitable content can be for your business. Look for services that offer training, quick email responses, and a help-call number.
Bet on online courses and profit from PLR
PLR products are a useful tool for companies that don’t have the resources or time to write their own content, offering the flexibility of customization while saving time and resources.
For professionals interested in profiting from the sale of infoproducts, but without the will, time or resources to create one from scratch, this is also an excellent way forward.
Purchasing PLR online courses has proven to be a very practical and profitable option for people who want to launch their course on the market, but have no idea where to start.
Effective and simplified way, just purchase the course, make the necessary edits and make it accessible on a eLearning hosting platform.
Complete hosting platform for online courses, Coursify.me is the ideal solution for anyone who wants to create, sell and promote courses on the internet.
Serving businesses and professionals in more than 60 countries, the platform is a dynamic and customizable Learning Management System (LMS).
To learn more, visit our website, take a test and start selling online courses right now.