How to Create Videos for Online Courses
Learning how to create videos is one of the primary concerns of those who decide to make online courses.
Of course, for a good result, turn the phone’s camera to your face and start talking is not enough. But with proper planning, you can create better videos than you think.
Why you should create videos for online courses?
First of all, video content is a general preference of the public.
According to a survey by the IAB Interactive Advertising Bureau, 1 in 5 people consume audiovisual content on their mobile phones while watching TV.
According to the same survey, 36% of respondents said they watch videos lasting five minutes or more.
The second most accessed platform in the world, YouTube, played an important role in this massive video distribution and certainly continues to contribute to this scenario.
– How to promote your business on YouTube
Over 1 billion users view hundreds of millions of hours of video content daily on YouTube.
Secondly, video lessons are presented in a very instructive manner, which makes it easier for the viewer to absorb the content.
By uniting images and sounds, it is possible to approach students and make them more interested in what is being taught.
And thirdly, today you can create videos with few resources.
Newer smartphones can now capture HD video images needed to create a professional online course.
– Step by Step to Create Online Courses
6 Tips for Creating Attractive Videos to Sell Online Courses
If you are already familiar with the universe of online courses, you know that video is one of the most effective ways to teach and engage students.
As this is a material that people will pay to watch, it is imperative to make a great work.
That’s why, in addition to delivering great content, you also need to deliver a great user experience, which means putting effort of video production.
See a step by step to create videos.
1. Plan the content and format of your classes
Let’s consider that you have already chosen the right niche and subject for your online course, okay?
– 10 Best Niches for Online Courses in 2019
Now grab your content and write a lesson plan, subdividing it into topics for each video lesson.
How many episodes will it take to teach all the content without making the classes too long or tiring?
This script will also help you maintain a coherent line of thought when creating videos so that there is an understandable continuity between your classes.
– 7 Tips for Creating a Video Script
Also plan how you will approach content according to the subject and audience you want to reach.
If the goal of your lessons is to provide entrepreneurship tips, for example, and you want to reach a young crowd, being formal and using complex vocabulary may not be the ideal way.
This is why you need to make the message format appropriate for the people you want to reach.
2. Make your best in speech and presentation
To make good videos, it’s important to be comfortable on camera.
Of course, this is not a skill that everyone is born with, but there are techniques to help you talk well in video.
– Tips for speaking well on video
A lot of practice and speaking techniques will be your allies.
You can also ask a friend to watch you and tell you what needs improvement.
And remember that the more you master the subject, the more natural your speech and posture will be.
Students will realize if you are confident or not, so you need to study hard and be fully prepared to create videos for your online courses.
Here are some tips to keep your presentation going:
- Don’t move your arms and hands too much to avoid distracting students.
- If you have a strong accent, try reducing it to avoid compromising understanding.
- Warm up your voice and stretch before recording.
- Wear comfortable, neutral clothing. You must express your personality, of course, as long as it does not distract students.
- Watch videos of people whose presentation you admire and see what you can learn from them.
3. Set the scene
You don’t have to go to a professional studio, but you need a place that suits your video class needs.
The fewer objects in the scene and the brighter the environment, the better.
Arrange the scene in which you will record so that it looks professional, organized and neutral, to attract the public’s attention to you and your content, not to the unusual decor around you.
Sitting or standing, you should be as comfortable as possible.
Choose a noise-free environment as possible, remember that any noise can interfere with audio quality and damage the end result.
– Learn how to record videos at home
4. Prepare the necessary equipment
To create videos, you will need video equipment (a memory card and camera), audio equipment (microphone ), possibly a tripod and good lighting.
– 4 Great Voice Recorders for your Business
If you don’t have the necessary equipment, you can rent it or borrow it from someone.
Editing is a big help in improving the bottom line, but the better done your video, the less work for you and the better quality for your material.
If your budget allows, hire a professional. You may have a friend with knowledge in this area who may help to reduce some costs.
5. Edit the video
As anxious as you are to begin your course, take some time to edit as it plays a crucial role in the final outcome of your material.
– Basic Video Editing Techniques
If you can, hire an editor, someone who knows how to edit a video and can include features that will make the material look even more professional.
But if this is not possible, do not despair. You can find a lot of free software online that makes editing a lot easier.
In that case, the best thing to do is to research the available tools to see which one best fits your needs.
We recommend some tools, such as Windows Movie Maker, which comes with the Windows operating system and iMovie for Mac computers.
– Meet the best free screen recorders
Creating tutorial videos is also a good choice for novice instructors, very simple to produce and with a good learning outcome.
– Record video tutorials: tips for getting the best result
Other visual aids such as gifs, icons, subtitles and more can add value to your video lessons.
This supplemental media helps keep students focused and makes your material more fun.
You can also use a soundtrack, but make sure the music doesn’t compete with your voice.
6. Host Your Online Course
Once you have completed the course, it is time to put it up for sale.
You should pay close attention to this step as it is important to choose an elearning platform with all the necessary resources to support your business.
– ELearning platform: what is it?
You will basically need:
- Customization: Easy customization of the visual identity of your online courses.
- Online payment system: For all the transactions accept integration with different credit card companies and are made automatically.
- Automatic delivery of content: Once payment has been confirmed, the client should have access to the course to start classes.
- Growth charts: Charts that show the number of sales and give you a clear picture of how your online course is growing.
- Support: It is important that the platform you choose to provide customer support if you have any questions.
- Student management: It is important to track each student’s progress and performance in real time.
- Discussion forum: A space where your students can communicate and you can answer questions and contribute to the discussion.
These are some of the features you should consider when choosing a platform, especially if you want to build a professional business from the start.
Video Lessons With Coursify.me
You now know what you need to create videos compelling, professional-looking.
Remember that proper planning will help you to reduce costs and develop high quality material.
Ready-made material, get feedback from some friends, make the necessary improvements and when everything is perfect, upload it to video platforms or go straight to your online school at Coursify.me.
– How to Choose the Right Video Hosting Platform
ELearning platform (LMS), Coursify.me has all the necessary features for you to integrate and import content from video hosting platforms such as Vimeo and YouTube.
– Whats is a Learning Management System
Instructors can embed their hosted videos in any of these channels on their page on Coursify.me, leaving their lessons even better and more complete.
Visit our website and take advantage of all the features of our platform to make tutorial videos and create quality online courses.